If you’ve attended Cheri Lovre’s 3-day Crisis Response Training, you now have the opportunity to become a Flight Team Facilitator for others. The next cohort will be held from January through March, 20221, exact times TBD. Inquire Here.
Facilitator Training invites experienced Flight Team members (school crisis responders) to become CMI Certified Facilitators. Those who successfully complete this ten-session training will then be able to use the CMI training materials to train school and local mental health agency staff who would like to serve on a school crisis response team.
- Training will be completed in ten 1-hour sessions.
- Participants will attend the weekly Zoom sessions with Cheri Lovre.
- Weekly assignments will be completed in small group online video sessions at times of your group’s choosing.
- Content will include segments on crisis day, grief, the impact of suicide and trauma on responses, facilitating Safe Rooms, life tributes and more.
- Our first cohort of Facilitators will be welcomed this summer with trainings twice weekly, from July 6 until August 6.
- Additional support sessions will be held quarterly, and will build on foundational concepts, as well as address questions and issues that come up during trainings.
The discussion forum for this course can be found here.
Once trained, Flight Team Facilitators will use our 20 video segments and oversee each corresponding 30-minute activity that participants will complete in small groups. Each segment addresses a specific area of crisis response, and each activity is designed to shift concepts into skills.
Participants must have already attended at least one three-day Crisis Response training with Cheri Lovre.